Virtual Fall Training Series
The WASFAA Training Committee is excited to announce our Fall 2023 Virtual Training Series. Kicking off in August 2023, this series will provide a variety of virtual training opportunities throughout the fall semester.
Cost for full fall virtual training series:
|#5 Practice Makes Permanent: A Review of the Student Aid Index (SAI) Calculation and Case Studies||FAFSA Simplification||Wednesday, September 20, 2023||2:00 - 4:00 PST|
|#6 Successfully Managing Campus Based Aid Programs ||Federal Compliance||Tuesday, September 26, 2023||1:00 - 2:30 PST|
|#7 Create Affirming and Positive Spaces for LGBTQ+ Folx: LGBTQ 101||IDEAA||Tuesday, October 3, 2023 ||10:30 - 12:00 PST|
|#8 Navigating the FAFSA Simplification guidance on Professional Judgment Dependency Status Changes & Working with Homeless Youth||FAFSA Simplification||Wednesday, October 4, 2023||11:00 - 12:30 PST|
|#9 Create Affirming and Positive Spaces for LGBTQ+ Folx: LGBTQ 102||IDEAA||Thursday, October 5, 2023||10:30 - 12:00 PST|
|#10 Emotional Intelligence for Conflict Management||Employee Development||Wednesday, October 11, 2023 ||1:00 - 2:30 PST|
|#11 Teamwork Makes the Dreamwork: Cross-Unit Collaboration & Communication ||Employee Development||Thursday, November 2, 2023 ||10:30 - 12:00 PST|
|#12 Self-Discovery for Career Planning||Employee Development||Tuesday, November 7, 2023||1:00 - 2:30 PST|
|#13 Understanding Unusual Enrollment History Flags||Federal Compliance||Wednesday, November 8, 2023||1:00 - 2:30 PST|
|#14Hoʻomāhū: Rethinking Gender in Māhū and Native Hawaiian Queerness||IDEAA||Thursday, November 16, 2023||2:00 - 3:00 PST|
|#15 R2T4: Don't Be Afraid!||Federal Compliance||Tuesday, December 5, 2023 ||2:00 - 3:30 PST|
|#16 Gainful Employment||Federal Compliance||Thursday, December 14, 2023||11:00 - 12:30 PST|
Non-Member Fee per virtual session:
- Individual Member: $55
- Institutional Member: $95
*Please note: The cost to join WASFAA as an individual is $50, therefore, by becoming a member you will enjoy the entire series for a lower price than paying for one session alone.
- Individual Non-Member: $135
- Once registered for the first session, a discount code will be provided to register for other sessions at no cost. The discount code can only be used by individuals who are members or are on an institutional roster. The discount code will not work for non-member fees.
- In order to attend the session, attendees must register through the WASFAA website and then each attendee must register on Zoom
- These sessions will not be recorded to view later.
- You must register for the session you plan to attend at least 1 day in advance. Late registration is not accepted.
- Sessions are offered in Pacific Time, please adjust your schedule accordingly.
- If you have questions, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancelation and Refund Policy for the Virtual Fall Training Series:
If you are requesting a 100% refund, your request by email must be received 24 hours before the first registered session. If you wait to cancel the day of the first registered session for you or anyone in your institutional roster, there is no refund. There are no partial refunds. Unpaid invoices 30 days prior to the event must be confirmed or registration will be canceled. Please send all cancelation notifications to email@example.com and cc the firstname.lastname@example.org.