Privacy & Policies
WASFAA provides this privacy statement in demonstration of our
firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering
and dissemination practices for this website: www.WASFAA.
- Information We Collect: WASFAA may collect personally identifiable information about you, such as your full name, phone number, mailing address and email address as part of your member profile. If you make a purchase (membership, event registration, or other purchase), and it involves a credit card transaction, that payment will take place through a third-party payment processor who would collect payment information. No specific credit card information is collected or retained on the WASFAA website. We do not send promotional emails, but you may receive service related emails regarding your account of information specific to the association. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may opt our of them by contacting the association support email address or updating your member profile.
- How We Use Your Information: WASFAA uses the collected information to operate and maintain the organization membership functionality. Your IP address is used only to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site.
- How We Share Your Information:
- Personally Identifiable Information: WASFAA will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. Information may be stored on servers co-located with hosting providers. Any personally identifiable information you elect to make publicly available, such as posting comments on a blog page or newsletter article, will be available to others. If you request to remove information that you have made public, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or the site, or in locations where other users may have copied or saved that information.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: WASFAA may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages, number of clicks, etc.) with potential advertisers, to help them understand the usage patterns for the website.
- Storage and Processing: Information collected by WASFAA is stored and handled in the United States.
- How We Protect Your Information: WASFAA is concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted on the website, or guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. When you enter information, such as log in credentials, on our registration forms, the data is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, however. There is no guarantee of absolute security.
This site may contain links to other sites. WASFAA is not
responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
If confidential information (credit card numbers, etc.) is requested, the
webpage will be delivered from a secure server to protect the loss, misuse
and alteration of the information under our control. All transmissions of
this information are encrypted.
This site provides users the opportunity to indicate if they would like to
receive communications from us. Users can remove their information from
our database and choose not to receive future communications or to no longer
receive our service by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Users
may change and modify information previously provided by sending email
Payments & Refunds
payment by check, Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Specific policies for
refunds are listed with each event. Dates and amounts may vary and final decisions
of WASFAA. For payment inquiries
Mindy Bergeron, Treasurer
Director of Financial Aid
John F. Kennedy University
100 Ellinwood Way
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Phone: (925) 969-3388
Fax: (925) 969-3390
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of
this site, or your dealings with this Web site, please contact email@example.com.
Neither this Web site nor any element thereof, including without limitation,
text, graphics, images, music, or other materials, may be copied, repurposed,
uploaded, posted, transmitted, or redistributed, except that you may download
one copy of such materials to your individual computer for your personal,
non-commercial use only, provided that all copyright and other proprietary
notices appearing on such materials must be preserved without alteration,
modification or obfuscation. Reproduction of this site for other purposes
may only be done with the written permission of WASFAA.
The Web site is protected by United States copyright law and international
treaty provisions, including without limitation the Berne Convention. All
rights not expressly licensed hereunder are reserved by WASFAA.
The Web site and all elements thereof are provided on an "as is" basis
without warranty of any kind, express or implied. WASFAA disclaims
all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, implied
warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
Any links on this site are provided as a courtesy to the viewer and are not
warranted for accuracy and appropriateness of content. The data contained
herein is for informational purposes only and is not represented to be error
free. WASFAA makes no warranties that the information presented
on this Web site or related links, is current, up-to-date, or accurate. Some
states and jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties,
so the above limitation may not apply to you. The foregoing shall be enforceable
to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
Under no circumstances and regardless of legal theory, whether in tort,
contract or otherwise, will WASFAA, its employees, agents,
representatives, or affiliates be liable to you or any other party for an
indirect, special, incidental, reliance, or consequential damages, however
caused, and regardless of character, including with limitation, any damages
relating to lost data, computer failure or malfunctioning, or otherwise.
Some states and jurisdictions do not allow the limitation of liability for
consequential or indirect damages, so the foregoing limitation may not apply
to you. The foregoing shall be enforceable to the maximum extent permitted
by applicable law. You agree to this allocation or risk in relation to your
use of the Web site.
This Web site is presented by WASFAA from within the United
States, and WASFAA makes no representation that materials
in the Web site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside
the United States. Neither the Web site, nor any underlying information or
technology may be downloaded or otherwise exported or reexported into any
country sanctioned by the United States.