To support the training and professional development needs of WASFAA's members, information about additional training opportunities is available at:
FALL 2016 WASFAA TRAINING EVENT
-- REGISTER NOW --
With the introduction of Early FAFSA and Prior-Prior Year (PPY), the dynamics of processing aid are changing. Whether these changes will make our work easier or harder is still unknown. WASFAA is pleased to present a day of training to help you understand and execute on these new timelines.
Moving Through the Maze: Early FAFSA and Prior-Prior Year
- Conflicting Information & PPY
- Mapping the Course
- NASFAA U Professional Judgment (PJ) Course
- PJ & Prior-Prior Year (PPY)
Cost is $55 for WASFAA Members, and $105 for non-WASFAA Members (which will include a membership to WASFAA).
For your registration fee, you will receive:
- A full day of instruction by a NASFAA-Credentialed WASFAA colleague on PJ and other related early FAFSA and PPY topics (NASFAA charges $299 to participate in a webinar training for each credential course)
- Practical application of the new rules using case studies
- Printed study guide for professional judgement. (a $218 value)
- Two chances to take and pass the NASFAA Credential exam (a $99 value) and the NASFAA Credential for Professional Judgement upon successful completion of the exam.
- Opportunities to learn the rules and processes on early FAFSA and PPY, and how to clear conflicting information
- Network with other financial aid professionals and share best practices
Don't miss out on this opportunity! Get quality training on the most timely topics of the day and save hundreds!
11/04 Hawaii, Honolulu Community College (Honolulu)
11/09 Nevada, College of Southern Nevada (Las Vegas)
12/16 Arizona, Estrella Mountain Community College (Avondale/Phx)
TBD S California
TBD N California
Please send payments to:
Mindy Bergeron, WASFAA Treasurer
Director of Financial Aid
John F. Kennedy University
100 Ellinwood Way
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523